Once you've achieved the CPP designation, you will need to re-certify every (3) years.
Please note that failure to complete one of the options within your recertification period will result in the full cancellation of your certification. You will need to reapply as a candidate and complete the candidacy requirements to re-obtain your credential.
To recertify, a payment of *$100 is required along with 15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Please use the table below to calculate education units. These credits are for education that a CPP has attended as a student. Teaching or speaking at seminars does not count towards these credits.
*If a CPP attends Imaging USA 3 consecutive years the $100 fee is waived.
- Imaging USA = 8 units
- Affiliate School of at least 4 days = 5 units
- Affiliate School of at least 2 days = 3 units
- Other multi-day photography education = 4 units
- Attending Photography Industry Seminars/Workshops lasting 6 or more hours = 1 unit
- Attending any professionally related face to face program that lasts 4-6 hours = ½ unit
- Attending any professionally related face to face program that lasts 2-4 hours = ¼ unit
If the Education Requirements cannot be met, one can take the CPP Exam.
To submit your 15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) please fill out the Re-Certification Education Unit Tracking Form.